Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Pictures - as promised

It still astounds me how quickly a fully furnished, three-story, solid log home was reduced to nothing more than concrete and 2 feet of ash. Kinda makes one think about one's priorities, hmm?

Align Center



Looking up from the bottom of our driveway



The beautiful chainsaw-carved eagle head prow


Our BBQ - looks like we'll need a new one.


Where our large covered front porch and stairs used to be.

Standing by the shed looking at the house

6 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

I am speechless. Wow.

The Gomes Family said...

I am utterly speechless and don't know how to respond. That is too sad and here I am having a pity party about finding a new preschool for Elianna? It truly puts things into perspective. The Kemp Family is good at putting things into prespective for me.

Anonymous said...

Looking at these pictures, I could smell the ashes. I was thinking how powerful the mind is when I remembered that my oven had cleaned itself last night; I was smelling my own tiny pile of ashes. Thanks for the pics. They, with your narrative, are closure for me.

It's been said that adversity introduces a man to himself. I prefer the New England proverb: If you want to know what man is really like, take notice how he acts when he loses money.

You go, girl.

MOM

Anonymous said...

Emery,

It has been awhile, but your old soccer coach sends his best wishes and says hello. It looks like a lot has happened since you played goalie in Incline Village.

Mr. Ed

Meredith Rogers said...

Oh my gosh.....I am newly and eternally grateful that you and your family are ok. I love you and you are in my thoughts often. Good for you for approaching this disaster with such a postive attitude. You are an inspiration to me.

Sadie Rose said...

Oh my gosh. I am SO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE OK!!! You are such a strong mama. Sending blessings.