Friday, February 25, 2011

Stick Figures

Michelle, Kassie and I each take a 3-hour turn with all the kids once a week, allowing the other mommies 6 hours of uninterrupted time for errands, cleaning, running, napping or whatever. Last week during Michelle's designated babysitting hours, Lincoln (who absolutely LOVES to draw stick figure portraits of mommy and daddy and has a strong appreciation for all things lovely), asked Michelle to draw for him.

Link: "Aunt Michelle, will you draw my mommy?"
Michelle proceeds to draw a stick figure with girl hair.
Link:  "Okay. Now she needs a shirt ... like mine."
"Okay, now a skirt."
"Now mommy shoes."
"Now a pretty necklace."
"And earrings."
"And a beautiful bracelet."
"And now her sparkly ring."
"That's good ... now can you draw my daddy?"
Michelle draws another stick figure, simple, no hair.
Link:  "Okay, that's good!"

Portrait of mommy and daddy, by Lincoln

4 comments:

Kamie said...

Hehe so cute, he is a sweetie

Jody said...

Ha! That one has to be framed. Hang it on the wall!

Unknown said...

I just love that boy! And yes he will make a good hubby & daddy...my dad is so good about pointing out the "especially lovely" things about me when I've tried really hard to look pretty...like my hair cut/dew...and outfit. One of the things I love about my dad!

Neika Boulter said...

I love reading all of your posts! You have such sweet boys! Miss ya!