Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day and a Mother's Tribute

To all the veterans in my life and those unkonwn to me: Your service and perserverance in preserving this country's extraordinary freedoms will never be forgotten. Thank you for giving my children the opportunity to grow up knowing freedom. We live the way we live because of your service.

"I also wanted to pay tribute to my father, my mother, my Shirl (my other father) and to my son, Greg....all veterans. Greg joined the army right after 9/11. The first 9/11. He wasn't pressured by a draft....he did it because he loves his country. He served in Iraq during the very scary times. Greg, I am humbled to be your mother. Thank you for your service to this country. I wish I would have told Boyd Bronson, Gladys Bronson, and Shirl Kemp more often how grateful I was for their patriotism and service. God bless all veterans."  ~Elaine.

"Thanks mom....we come from good stock."  ~Greg

I'm so grateful to have this kind of patriotism in my family...and that my boys can learn gratitude for and the price of liberty from their father.  What a special gift.

1 comment:

Kamie said...

I love this post. I love our country and I love all the great examples in my life.