Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The bathtime warden

Lincoln and Porter were in the bathtub the other night. I was busying myself putting away laundry, etc., so Ethan was sitting in the bathroom with the little boys. I couldn't help but smile listening to him. "Lincoln don't splash . . . Porter sit down . . . Lincoln don't splash . . ." And then I heard a little insight into the way we try to explain things to Ethan:

"Lincoln, don't splash."
"Why?"
"Because it makes Heavenly Father sad, and he told us not to do that."
"Oh."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

OK...that made me smile for at least 3 reasons!!! First and foremost...I love when they listen because they want to be good for Heavenly Father...and it makes sense...we're still working on that one. Second...I love that you were multi tasking...you Emery you!!! Third...I Loved Seeing Porter and Lincoln having so much fun in a the bath together...Porter's just growing so fast...Or should I say "Popoo" as Jocelyn would call him!

Alex said...

that is so sweet! You are so good with your kids...Payton would say, dont splash or mom will spank ya! HA

Jody said...

I love it when kids give their reasoning. It usually provides some good laughter!

Sarah Heder said...

I haven't tried this parenting technique on my girls yet. I think it's a good one! A little bit of excellence through guilt, which my Mom would appreciate!

Josie sometimes does the same thing with Tallulah. I love to hear her sound like she's me when talking to Lu and "parenting" her. It gives me a clue as to what she's picking up from me and paying attention to.

Jessy said...

So sweet! What a good big brother!