Monday, July 27, 2009

1980s throwback

Okay . . . so thanks to Hulu.com, those of us who do not pay for television right now are grateful for random things to watch occasionally. Greg located long-lost episodes of He-Man: And the Masters of the Universe. Now, whenever we're at home (ONLY because I refuse to let them do it elsewhere), the only thing my big boys want to do is run around nearly naked with swords tucked in their underwear screaming to me about their power . . .

They just don't make TV shows like they used to.

7 comments:

Dad said...

I don't remember our boys ever doing that!
But, I remember Lindsey reporting that Josh was so eager to go on a mission... because he could carry a sword like Ammon!! We love you!

Jessy said...

Hilarious!!

Alex said...

Payton does that too, but he runs around outside too. We have 2 seasons on dvd. They were 9 bucks each at target awhile back

Proud Papa said...

Thats fantastic! I remember the good old He-man days and other such cartoons that kept us easily entertained. Glad they are enjoying it.

Gotten any pictures of your mini He-men with "loin cloth" and sword yet? =)

Neika Boulter said...

I'm so glad other people remember those 1980's shows!! Send me an email cuz my blog is private... but then I can invite you!
neikamom2@yahoo.com

The Gomes Family said...

I agree! TV is not good anymore! We watch lots of natures shows and Disney along with ABC family, which really isn't that great now either!

katie said...

I too have searched for alternative entertainment, cuz we don't have a t.v., and went in the direction of Hello Dolly as a result of my kids constantly singing the opening song on Wall-E. After that song was on in the movie they lost interest, but I had them for a minute. They're a bit young yet to appreciate the classics. Perhaps I will go in search of He-Man, and She-Ra, Princess of Power-since I have the girls to think of too!