Saturday, November 21, 2009

Just me and PJ

Greg took Ethan and Lincoln early Friday morning to Utah with him to pick up some furniture for our hopeful move and ... drumroll please ... our new chocolate lab puppy. Yes, I'm a sucker for boys with puppydog eyes. We named the pup Dakota and she is absolutely adorable. I don't even like dogs - truth - but I can already see the potential for loving her. She's a doll.

AND ... with three boys gone that left only Porter and me to fend for ourselves. We went on an impromptu trip with Becky and her girls up to Jackson to visit the BEST dollar store ever - seriously. That's all. An hour-and-a-half both ways just for the dollar store. It's amazing how carefree and easy it is to pick up and go with only one child. Porter has never been away from his brothers for this long and, as it turns out, he's pretty independent and very happy to entertain himself. It lasts a lot longer, too, when nobody's bossing or pushing or teasing him. He's delightful. I always knew it ... but this weekend was a good reminder.

I did miss seeing my Kemp girls ... but could hardly pass up an unsolicited offer from Greg to take not just 1 but 2 boys away overnight. I feel refreshed and happy. Sometimes mommies just need a break.

This weekend's quotable quote: Ethan said to Greg on the way back from Utah, "Daddy, drive faster than the signs tell you and if a policeman makes us stop we will tell him we have to go fast because our puppy is cold!" Ingenious.

3 comments:

Tingeys said...

Ethan you're too cute :) I bet if Ethan told the cop, you'd probably get away with it. That kid has charm.

Jody said...

Congrats on having another girl in the house! Hope Dakota is a good puppy and that the boys take good care of her. :)

One Giant Fall Forward said...

When you call Porter PJ I think of Robin Hood... :)