Saturday, February 27, 2010

Puberty

Ethan was looking in my cupboards while I was getting ready this morning.

Boy: "Mom, when will I get to wear deodorant?"
Me: "When you get older your body will start to change. You'll get taller and stronger and hairier your voice will change. And you'll start to get sweaty and stinky for more often, which is when you'll need deodorant. It's called puberty."
Boy: "But when will that be, mom?"
Me: "It's different for everyone. Sometimes in middle school, sometimes in high school . . ."
Boy: "For me it will be in the fifth grade. Because that's when I want to get tall and hairy."

Sigh. He seems to be in much more of a hurry than me.

3 comments:

Neika Boulter said...

he says the cutest things!! TOO FUNNY!!

Unknown said...

Well...5th grade it is! If it makes him feel any better...whenever I tell Brody he can do something when he's bigger...he always says..."you mean as big as Ethan?"

Steph said...

Slow DOWN Ethan!! I'm guessing that trying to convince him that puberty is not fun will probably not work, eh?