Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Trot

With a looming forecast of -45 degrees, I decided yesterday to skip the 5k Turkey Trot. BUT, when I woke to clear skies this morning and warmer-than-expected temperatures, I couldn't resist. I ended up running in -2 degrees. I wore 2 pairs of leggings, 2 long-sleeve running shirts and my arm wamers under my favorite Lulu sweatshirt, 2 pairs of socks, gloves and a Gortex head sock. I couldn't feel my fingers or my toes and my nose quickly began dispensing ice cubes, but my numb legs ran strong enough, bringing me across the finish line in 27 minutes. And nearly an hour later, I'm still thawing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that your house, along with being warm, has a sink for thawing turkeys and a bathtub for thawing mommy-runners.

katie said...

Running. Running? Nope, never heard of it.

Sadie Rose said...

you are crazy!!! i mean that in the best way. i am beyond impressed. it was only 20-something degrees here and i was reluctant to even go into the garage to put my laundry in the dryer.

Neika Boulter said...

wow good job running in that COLD!!