Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gratitude

Being the month of Thanksgiving, I decided to document 1 thing every day for which I am grateful.


Nov 1 - Ethan. He is smart and active and energetic and good. He loves to be everybody's friend. Happy birthday, buddy. You are a joy to our family.
Nov 2 - Recovering 1/2 marathon muscles and a strong body that allows me to work hard.
Nov 3 - Greg, who is supportive always encourages me to strive for more.
Nov 4 - My boys - all 4 of them - who give me reason to write, laugh, love and go crazy.
Nov 5 - Perspective.
Nov 6 - Rare weekends with Greg at home with me and the boys.
Nov 7 - To know truth and have the Gospel in my life.
Nov 8 - My parents; truly 2 of my dearest friends and greatest examples.
Nov 9 - My siblings who, in our adult lives, have become some of my favorite friends.
Nov 10 - Home. The location is always changing, but the feeling remains the same.
Nov 11 - The selfless service of my husband, brothers and all those who have given of themselves to preserve the sacred freedoms of this beautiful country. Happy Veteran's Day.
Nov 12 - Good health.
Nov 13 - Resilient children.
Nov 14 - Cold nights filled with good friends, yummy food and loud laughter.
Nov 15 - Little hands that love to hold, little lips that love to kiss and little bodies that love a good snuggle.
Nov 16 - Unsolicited apologies.
Nov 17 - Lincoln. He is sassy and independent and funny. He can melt strangers with a big, cheeked, blue-eyed glance. Happy birthday, turkey face.
Nov 18 - New adventures and opportunities.
Nov 19 - Small and simple things; they always make me the happiest.
Nov 20 - Rare movie theater nights with happy children who fall asleep before the final credits role - and washing machines for mornings after too much soda.
Nov 21 - To have survived the last 2 years with grace and guff, which would have been impossible without the love and support of family and friends.
Nov 22 - Imaginary play.
Nov 23 - To have work.
Nov 24 - Protection from the elements in a warm and comfortable home. It's -14 degrees outside.
Nov 25 - To know the value of being surrounded by good people.
Nov 26 - Porter John. He is warm and loving and resilient and funny. And he refuses to be left in his brothers' dust.
Nov 27 - My parents, again. Their wisdom, advise, guidance, friendship and love are invaluable to me.
Nov 28 - To have my tree up and the Christmas spirit settling in.
Nov 29 - Bedtime.
Nov 30 - For the diaperless family status that is looming.

2 comments:

Ben said...

What do you mean, "some of my"?

Emery said...

you know exactly what i mean. :)