Monday, December 6, 2010

No more diapers

Porter is potty training. Well, really, I suppose he is already trained . . . and he basically did it on his own. We still use diapers at night - mostly because I'm a chicken - but he's been in underwear for well over a week and had only 2 wet accidents and none of the others. I have never had a child who wanted to sit on the toilet more than physically necessary, but he does. And he's picked up on all his big brothers' habits. When he's finished, he yells at me, "MOM, I'M DONE POOPIN'!!" And if you listen carefully and he doesn't know you're outside the door, you'll hear him singing or, most often, straining loudly as he chants , "I'm poopin' so we can have a jowy ranchah!"

It's nice to have a house full of underwear. Major milestone: Check.

4 comments:

capturingtheride said...

congrats! we,ve got years of diapers ahead...

Unknown said...

ha ha! That's so funny! I can just hear him yelling all those things...one because I love hearing him talk...and two...you reproduce the sound in writing quite well!!! I love ya Em!

Steph said...

So. Dang. Jealous.

Jody said...

That seems so far away--but it sounds soooo nice. Congratulations!