Sunday, January 1, 2012

Another Year Bites the Dust

When we asked the littles if they wanted to try and stay up until midnight to ring in the New Year, they were ecstatic.  They put on their macho faces: "We can totally do it.  We don't sleep anyway; we're always faking."  Well, that was a lot of lip service if I ever heard it. 


At 8:55 p.m., Lincoln and Porter had checked out and Greg wasn't far behind. Ethan fought a good fight and made it until nearly 11:00, then asked how the New Year Elf would visit if he was still awake.  I told him to give in and go to sleep; 2 minutes later, he was gone.

I crawled in bed at 11:20, after all my boys were asleep.  I'm a strong believer that the best way to bring in the New Year is in your own bed, sleeping peacefully amidst those you love.

This was a great year for us. We expected to be apart a lot, and weren't at all. Greg is back in school and we're surrounded by family and friends. We're happy where we are, but admittedly, we've learned to be happy anywhere we are together.




Happy New Year, all.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I didn't even give the boys the option to stay up. Being old and preggo is not a good combo for staying up late. Only if there is good food involved would I be tempted. I just love your boys. Ethan is a good time!