Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Sweet Reminder

Lincoln's new primary teacher approached me after a stake Relief Society activity this evening.  She looked straight into my eyes, touched my arm and told me how much she loves Lincoln.  She loves him because he is so honest and speaks so freely, without guile.  He is sweet and tender.  She said she can tell he has been taught well.  My heart sang, and I wept. 

I thanked her for telling me.  Most of the time, day-to-day life is busy and crazy.  I know Lincoln is a good boy.  He is tender.  He is sweet.  He already has a marvelous testimony.  But I think sometimes those things get lost in the daily craze.  And an outside reminder of the goodness of one, or all, of my children renews me.

This is not a call for praise of my children.  It is just a sweet reminder to me, to be recorded in our little family's record, that my children are good.  They are kind.  They are special.

2 comments:

Kamie said...

I completely agree. Lincoln is so tender and sweet. What a lovable guy! All 3 of your boys are so lovable! They have been taught well. They have the best of parents!

Ashley said...

I just love that kid. If this baby is a girl, an arranged marriage is in Lincoln future...