Saturday, December 5, 2009

Our new place

So we're into our new house out on Coyote Trail and we LOVE it. It's a little reminiscent - at least for me - of our Indian Ridge house. Maybe it's the hard floors, mountain views and fireplace warmth. Regardless, it's absolutely fantastic. We've moved and unpacked nearly everything in a week, which says a lot about the simplicity our household maintains a year later (yes folks, we are 1 year and 2 weeks post fire - wow).
We are settled in and loving it. Here are a few pics to wet your whistles. If you think it's as wonderful as we do, you'll just have to pack your bags and come see the rest of it for yourselves!

Front/Great room - kitchen off to the left, looking from the hallway. And yes, we're working on the lack of furniture thing.

My marvelous kitchen! The stove even has a warming shelf above and warming drawer below. Sigh.

Half of my master closet. More hanging space and LOTS of shelves on the other side. Yummy.

I know - we're lacking the decorative touch as of now, but are you not in love with this brick wall!?

Seriously folks, this is NOT a house you want to miss visiting . . . so get up here!

13 comments:

MOM/Phyllis said...

Window coverings! What luxury.

MOM

Alex said...

um hello amazing kitchen!!!!!!! A REAL wood burning fire place! Love it!!!! Congrats on moving and doing so quickly.

katie said...

Very exciting! But when you get the chance I would like to discuss the bedspread:)

Emery said...

katie: a hand-me-down from my in-laws. most our current stuff is hand-me-down or a garage sale find. totally...functional.

Sarah Heder said...

Hello?! I am IN LOVE! Spacious living room with huge open kitchen next to it . . . walk-in closets . . . and a brick wall in your bedroom!!!! I have always wanted a brick wall in one of my rooms. Sounds silly, I know, but it's true. Emery, I think you have my dream house. And I think I'll never find it here in LA or be able to ever afford it. Ha! Ha! A downside of living here. Guess we better move!

One Giant Fall Forward said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!

Jody said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the windows and open space. Gorgeous! Congrats on finding such a great place!

Johnson Family said...

What does Greg do, again? That is one crazy house.

Tina said...

Ohmigosh! that is beautiful! I want to come visit, how far are you from Jackson, and Yellowstone??
I want to come do a pc party at your house!!!

Neika Boulter said...

wow absolutely beautiful! are you renting our buying? its great!!

Jessy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Em! I'm so jealous!

Julie said...

I am soo happy you guys love the place! I'm glad its getting used. Have so much fun with it, and know I envy you from afar.

Steph said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you.

Looks like we'd better make reservations now to visit the Kemp Bed and Breakfast next summer...