Wednesday, September 8, 2010

At long last . . . Kindergarten!

I kid you not when I say that Ethan was awake and in my room at 5 a.m., ready to get dressed, eat and wait for the bus . . . which of course would not arrive for over 2 hours. Ethan has been ready for kindergarten for SO long. I even showed up after his first day to drive him home, only to have him roll his eyes at me and exclaim, "Aw mom! I thought I was riding the bus home!" which he then proceeded to do while I went back to my car and drove home without him. Nope, definitely no anxiety issues with this kid.

So many moms told me I would stand around and weep after he left. I didn't. I kept telling them I was the mom who would slow to 5 mph and tell him to jump, tuck and roll. I didn't do that either. I watched him climb, excited and ready, onto the school bus and wave at me until I was out of sight. What a happy day.

2 comments:

capturingtheride said...

Awesome! What a happy kid...and mommy. Great job getting him to that point- all ready, all secure - he's gonna rock the classroom!

I think I will totally be one of those moms who cries, though. Or maybe by then, I'll just be happy to see Sawyer go...thanks for sharing about the joys of this day - celebrating all you've done to get there - instead of just weeping about where all the time went. You are awesome!

Jody said...

I just love seeing how excited they are to be in school! No tears here. I can't help but be excited for them as well.