Sunday, September 26, 2010

My First Race

It's official. I survived the 10k - my first race ever! My final time was 52:49, by far a personal best! And there is definitely something to be said about the race mentality and just pushing yourself to catch one more person, and then one more. I finished 16th in the women and 34th overall, with over 250 runners! Now, I don't even pretend to imagine I'll ever win a race like this . . . but I feel great for being a newbie!

Goofing off before the race. Thanks for coming to run with me, Shelle!

Sweet success!

Sweaty and proud. Amy, Ashley (giver of the fabulous armwarmers in photo #1) and me. These are the girls who talked me into running in the first place!

4 comments:

Steph said...

You are a rockstar! Congratulations!

Jody said...

Way to go, Emery!!!!

The Gomes Family said...

You both are rockstars! I love ya!

Unknown said...

Freek'n Awesome!!! That was the coolest race!!! Love that pic!