Thursday, September 3, 2009

A conversation

As mentioned before, Ethan is obsessed with He-Man these days. Yesterday he begged to be in his underwear like He-Man, so of course I conceded. When he started getting his sneakers on to outside, however, I drew the line. I told him He-Man had to at least wear shorts outside. Tantrum ensued. "He-Man doesn't wear shorts - he only wears his underwear!" I tried to explain that He-Man's "underwear" were really shorts and they were just small and tight because he couldn't find any awesome shorts like Ethan's at the store, so he had to take what he could get. That helped . . . a little.

5 minutes pass . . .

"Mom, can I be spiky-hair Robin from Batman instead?" I agreed because Robin always seems to be fully dressed. Then he explained . . . "Yeah," he replied, "But he wears his underwear on TOP of his clothes!"

Oh my . . . I'm beginning to wonder why I buy this boy any clothes at all!

4 comments:

Tingeys said...

haha that is so funny, he's too smart sometimes :)

Steph said...

I was not at all prepared for the mental gymnastics that parenting a four year-old required. Sounds like you've earned yourself a gold medal in that department. Way to go Emery!

moller99 said...

I can hear the conversation in my head and it sounds just like Ethan! I love that little man!

Jody said...

Did he ask for the spiky hair as well?