Sunday, March 7, 2010

Testimony: Take 2

Fast and testimony meeting came around again today . . but we were ready this time! We've been reading every day in the illustrated Book of Mormon together and talking about what a testimony is . . . and Ethan has been practicing a LOT! I told him just to say the things that he KNOWS are true. The only intervention I had to do during his practice runs was in response to his knowledge "that monsers aren't real." Try to keep it aimed towards church, kiddo.

From the moment we arrived at church, he was itching to get up for round 2. Finally, when it was time (any after I made him put his shoes back on), off he went . . . solo again.

"I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I know President Monson is a real prophet and Joseph Smith was a real prophet and Nephi was a real prophet, and I'm trying to be like Nephi. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus can do anything in the world. I know that my mommy and daddy love me. InthenameofJesusChristamen."

Beautiful! All it takes is a little discussion and understanding. I'm so proud.

5 comments:

moller99 said...

He really did do such a great job! He is such an old soul in a young body!

Unknown said...

Way to go Ethan!!...Like I said earlier...either future comedian...or president...my vote is on the latter...maybe even president of the church. Way to go Ethan. Gave me tingles!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Way to be such an amzaing MOM! Love and miss you!

Mrs. Currah said...

I wish I could of been there!! I love that kid!!! He is so dang cute!!

Jody said...

What a sweetie! Evelyn just announced she wanted to go up and "give a lesson" this past Sunday during Sacrament meeting. I guess we'll be following your example and having a few FHE's on what a testimony is....