Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ready for kindergarten

Last week while we were moving, I spent about 10 minutes inside the local burger joint waiting on our dinner while Greg sat in the car with the boys. When I came out, Ethan announced his newest accomplishment. He could spell "missionary." I thought to myself, awesome - i'll bet he needs a little prompting, but that's a great start. I was wrong. He spelled it out for me with NO help, 2 letters at a time. While I was inside, he told Greg he wanted to know how to spell it, so Greg told him. It took a couple of minutes, but now, a week later, he can still recall and spell it on command. In fact, he knows it well enough that he can put it on paper. Yup, I'm pretty sure Ethan and kindergarten are going to get along just fine.

proof:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my heck Ethan!!! You're the next biggest thing!!! What a smarty pants!

Mrs. Currah said...

He is so dang cute and smart!! I love it!!