Thursday, August 12, 2010

My other home

I love going home during the summertime. My visits are always full of laughing ourselves to tears, yummy food, endless days on the beach, 30-minute hikes (accompanied, of course, by cranky children) taking 2 hours, cousins bonding, restless sleeping, shopping, the exchange of knowing smiles or eye rolling. It's completely and utterly exhausting in the best way possible. I can't really explain how I feel at home except...well, home.

Meredith, me, Mom, Lindsey

Porter, Grandpaw and the banana

Nathan, Porter, Connor, Lincoln, Tyler, Joshua

5 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jody said...

I love seeing all of you together on the deck! And I love seeing all the cousins playing together. Looks like a wonderful vacation!

Just Us said...

I know what you mean lady...even though I don't want to live where I grew up, there is just something about going home. As I drive into town on the freeway, it hits me everytime. It's an undescribable feeling...That comfort in knowing that I am almost HOME.

Unknown said...

Awe man...I'm so jealous! Beautiful family!

Phyllis said...

Look at the picture of your girls with me/MOM. See the light shining on your head? YOU are the angel!