Monday, April 20, 2009

Just kidding

Blech! Please accept this as my retraction of the last post. The house fell through. I don't know why I'm surprised . . . I really should have expected this. Apparently someone forgot to ask the homeowner if he was willing to take the house off the market for a couple months while we rented, which it seems he is unwilling to do. Perhaps that inquiry should have been, I dunno, maybe step 1 or 2? The girl who is helping us find housing has a couple other leads that we're waiting to look at, but we're back to square one . . . waiting.

So, tomorrow (Tuesday) we celebrate Porter's birthday, the five month anniversary from the fire, and we just keep on truckin' in our little hotel room. A little bit of silver lining, however: At least we have more time with family and don't have to face the teary goodbyes yet. Sigh . . .

5 comments:

Annette and Scott said...

Dang...you guys really need some good luck come your way...hope things work out soon for you!!

Alex said...

that sucks. I cant belive Porter is already a year old. That is so crazy to belive.

Sarah Hadsell said...

*Sigh * Something good will come of this! In the meanewhile, I think you're on the right track: Enjoy your family while they're close! :) Thanks for keeping everyone up to speed!

Steph said...

Okay, so we're bummed for you. But honestly, we're more than a teensy bit happy that we get more time to hang out with y'all before you leave.

Jody said...

Ugh! That's all I've got to say.